The Customer Service/ Billing Specialist is responsible for managing customer relationships, handling inquiries, and resolving complex issues related to billing, meter reading, service contracts, revenue collection, and customer orders. It is responsible for creating and completing work orders and preparing and reviewing various reports. It requires understanding water delivery standards in a customer service environment.
- Work collaboratively to communicate effectively with internal staff and external stakeholders to address company needs efficiently and effectively.
- Respond to inquiries to resolve issues related to billing, meter reading, service contracts, revenue collection, and customer orders.
- Create, document properly, and process work orders promptly and accurately.
- Prepare and review various reports, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and follow-through.
- Acquire and understand industry standards and practices in a not-for-profit water utility environment.
- Demonstrate initiative and growth in applying skills and knowledge on the job.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills and apply emotional intelligence skills in daily functions.
- May include other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Certification/License: Valid Arizona driver’s license
Experience (Years): 2 years in customer service and handling financial transactions
Experience (Technical): Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office, touch-type at least 40 words per minute
Remote Work: No
Language: English (Spanish is a plus)
Citizenship: Must provide documentation showing U.S. Citizenship or right to work
Required Knowledge/Skills/Abilities and Additional Information
- Professional and respectful to the public and co-workers
- Excellent telephone and person-to-person communication skills
- Accuracy in data input
- Completeness in reporting and research
- Dependable and reliable attendance
- Honesty and integrity
- Be familiar with the policies, rules, and regulations of the company
- Follow instructions and procedures correctly
- Diligent and accurate in completing tasks
- Ability to adapt and learn water utility business
- Communicate effectively (verbally, by phone, email, text, written letters, face-to-face)
- Understand and be empathetic with customers
- Able to type and use a calculator with a high degree of accuracy
- Processes are error-free
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The position is at the Community Water Company offices. The employee must sit for extended periods greater than 2 hours, read and comprehend computer screens, read small font sizes (10 points or lower) for a prolonged period, and lift up to 10 pounds frequently and 25 pounds occasionally. Must have legible handwriting.
Conditions of Hire
- Pass a medical examination to ensure fitness for the job
- Pass drug and alcohol screening
- Pass background check
Starting pay is $16.50 per hour.